History of the Sandwich
6th to 16th Century – During the Middle Ages, thick blocks of coarse stale bread called trenchers were used in place of plates. Meats and other foods were piled on top of the bread to be eaten with their fingers and sometimes with the aid of knives. The trenchers, thick and stale, absorbed the juice, the grease, and the sauces. At the end of the meal, one either ate the trencher or, if hunger had been satisfied, tossed the gravy-soaked bread to their dogs or given as alms to less fortunate or poor human. Alms were clothing, food, or money that is given to poor people: In the past, people thought it was their religious duty to give alms to the poor. Trenchers were clearly the forerunner of our open-face sandwiches. sandwiches.
Grab the Offer
See what your neighbors are saying.
fLASH fo CASH were “the neighbors are the news!”
Links below to current editions pages
- 7 Good Reasons To Drink Coffee
- History of the Sandwich
- Avoid Cross Contamination
- Benefits of a Community Social Profile
- “Whoopie!” – get yours lately!!
- Water FAQS
- Nails as a Health Indicator
- Online Store Coupons vs. Newspaper Flyers
Introducing the New Logo for
“fLASH and CASH” offers at 100MileMall.com
Whenever you see the above logo on a 100 Mile Mall offer, to redeem its value, you only need to show the offer to the participating vendor. The logo brings instant recognition, to both the consumer and vendor, that the offer can be reused until expiry date and not necessarily printed off.
AdvaNtages of the Flash and Cash offer program
- No holding up checkout lanes.
- No down side to a coupon that limits you to only using it once.
- No fine print on the coupon, which makes you feel like you need a lawyer .
- Use less resources, paper, ink and such.
- Neighbor Newsflash printed offers, show them and reuse, pass them on.
- Neighbor Newsflash mobile offers only need to be shown.
- User friendly design.
- Help your neighbor and pass offer on to them.
Flash and Cash offers at 100milemall.com